The main ingredient of the Propecia tablet is the finasteride. It is a synthetic 4-azasteroid compound, an intracellular enzyme that helps in converting the androgen testosterone into 5a-dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
The scientific name of the finasteride is N-tert-Butyl-3-oxo-4-aza-5a-androst-1-one-17β-carboxamide. At the melting point of approximately 250-degree Celsius, finasteride becomes a white crystalline powder.
For oral ingestion, the powder is coated. Every Finasteride tablet contains 1mg of finasteride and the following ingredients as well: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, pregelatinized starch, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, titanium dioxide, starch glycolate, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, yellow ferric oxide, docusate sodium, red ferric oxide, and talc.
The following are the side effects when taking Finasteride:
- Decreased sex drive. The patient will lose interest in having sexual intercourse with their partners even after they stopped taking the medication already. Some reported that they also have trouble maintaining an erection.
- Abnormal ejaculation. Men who take finasteride tablet will have a lower amount of semen.
- Noticeable swelling in both hands and feet is also a side effect of taking Finasteride tablet.
- Swelling of breasts. Some men reported breast swelling upon taking the tablet. Nipple enlargement and nipple discharge are also noticeable.
- Occasional dizziness is normal when taking Finasteride tablet.
- Decreased PSA level. Men who take Finasteride will have decreased PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) level. The healthcare provider will evaluate the changes of the PSA level of the patient. However, if their PSA level is still increasing, it is a serious indication that the patient indeed, has prostate cancer.
- Increased risk of prostate cancer. Unfortunately, for men who are taking more than five tablets a day, instead of combating the prostate cancer, the Finasteride drugs can increase their risks of having one.
- Some men reported suffering in depression upon taking Finasteride.
- Allergic reaction. Most of them developed itches, rashes, hives, and lip swelling after taking the product.
- Testicular pain. Men also suffer from testicular pain upon taking Finasteride tablet.
- Male breast cancer. It’s one of the rare cases, but if taken incorrectly or abused, the Finasteride tablet can cause male breast cancer.
Considering the side effects of the Finasteride drugs, it is important to check the ingredients again and make sure that your body can handle it properly. It is important to talk to your healthcare provider before you start taking Finasteride.
Do not accept Finasteride from your friends who are using it and recommended the product to you. You must have a prescription first in which you are going to show to the online shop before you are given access to the medicine.
If you experience a certain side effect that was not mentioned above and does not go away, it is important to consult your healthcare provider as soon as possible before the problem can deteriorate into something bigger. You can also report the side effects to FDA using 1-800-FDA1088.
Make sure that you store the Finasteride tablet inside a room with a temperature of 15-degree Celsius to30 degree Celsius only. The Finasteride tablet must be kept in a sealed container, and the tablets should always be dry. Prevent it from moisture. If you notice one of the tablets is getting moist, do not take it.
All Finasteride tablets must be out of women and children’s reach. Finasteride is very powerful medicine. Hence, there are factors that you need to consider, and a thorough evaluation is needed to make sure that you are required to take the drug.
Some men are sensitive to the aforementioned ingredients. Hence, it is important that you talk to your healthcare provider first before anything else. The online shop will not also give you access to the Finasteride drugs unless you have a valid prescription to show to them. Finasteride is strictly for men’s use only and should not be given to a child or a pregnant woman. Finasteride’s ingredients are only for men who have healthy bodies and are capable of handling the side effects of the tablet in order to combat the risks of prostate cancer or grow back their hair in just a few months time with a consistent taking of product.